Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Dinner Break

Tonight as Lori and I were packing and preparing for our trip to the States, we ran out of time to make dinner. So, after running some errands I walked through the cold Santiago night air down a little cobble stoned street near our house that is called the Rua de San Pedro. I went to the closest bar that makes good sandwiches and walked in to find that there was a soccer game about to start. There was a group of young guys waiting to watch the game with their pals. There were a couple of tables filled with couples who were hanging out with the sports sounds in the back ground. There was an older guy sitting buy himself merrily enjoying his Spanish wine and basking in the atmosphere.

After I ordered our sandwiches I waited and just looked around and took in my surroundings. The waitress brought me a plate of cut up pig ears and bread while I was waiting for my food. I looked at it, but it is hard to eat any meat that has the hair still on it so I passed. I had one of those moments that happens from time to time where I am really amazed at and thankful for the city that I live in. Most of the time in the midst of life I find it easy to get caught up in life forget how beautiful of a place this is.

The waitress came out with my chicken and ham sandwiches and it was time for me to leave this moment to my memory and go back out into the cold for the short walk home. Now back to packing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!