Monday, October 17, 2005

Pony Tails?

So I watched the girls this weekend while Lori was visiting a Spanish friend of ours in Ireland. Overall it was uneventful as we made multiple trips to various playgrounds around the city. I rented the movie "Robots" and the girls and I has pizza and popcorn. The girls were so enthralled by the movie that they would forget to eat. Pretty funny.

The one thing that I don't understand is how to do a pony-tail. This morning while I was getting Abigail ready for school she asked for braids. I vetoed that and suggested a pony tail. "How hard could it be?" I thought to myself. You basically tie all of the hair into one big bundle, right? Wrong. First you have to brush it so it all aligns itself properly. Then you have to grab as much of it in a fist as possible. But there are always a few hairs just sticking out or not totally conforming to the main mass. So I would attempt to brush the stragglers into the wad of hair that I held in my hand. Every time that I tried to grab the new hairs I would lose some of the old ones. After several attempts I got her pony-tail looking how it would normally look after a romp on the playground. Good enough, I thought. The most important as that she arrived at school with it. If it falls out there, I know that there are plenty of women who would know what to do.

So, we heading out the door and she asks to wear her strawberry sock hat. No way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!