Thursday, May 05, 2005

Transcending Culture

Transcending Culture

So I have been somewhat annoyed with the direction that the postmodern or emergent culture has been taking lately. I have been noticing an arrogance, whining, complaining and negativity towards anything modern, and that has started to drive me crazy. I feel like everything is being deconstructed and then left in a big pile of trash. Anyone can be the critic, but it takes true talent to create art. I would love to see less modern critics and more postmodern artists. So, anyway I was surfing with this in mind and I came across the following article by Brian McLaren (the poster boy of emergent church culture), and I thought it was insightful and it soothed much of my angst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!