Sunday, December 18, 2005

Recording Session

Last night Lori and I sat down with our new Dell computer and started recording one of the songs that Matt Hanlon and I have been working on. I can't tell you how refreshing and rewarding it was to sit down and record without the normal glitches that we were having when we tried to record with our laptop. Our laptop just did not have the needed processing power to handle the pro tools programming.

Up until last night I was on the verge of burning my pro tools program. It was touted by Musician's Friend as "easy to install as a printer". I am not sure what kind of printers the author is installing, but I feel that this article was quit misleading. It is by far the most complicated program that we have ever tried to install on our home computers. It is very picky and requires that your computer be set up with very specific configurations. Also, Pro tools has been anything but an easy program to learn or use. After reading many reviews by other users, we purchased a User's Guide to help us step by step through the program. We have learned that it indeed has a steep learning curve, but most users say that if you have the patience to get through the learning process that it will pay off by the many possibilities that the program has.

Last night, was for me the first sign of hope that this program might be useful. I am pumped and look forward to spending free time laying down tracks this coming year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!