Monday, December 12, 2005

Handel's Messiah

I was having a rather blah week last week. Nothing really spectacular happened and I spent a lot of time doing things that needed to be done, but that aren't particularly fun or fulfilling in and of themselves. On Saturday night Lori surprised me by taking me out for a special date. She took me to a Concert of Handel's Messiah. I have always enjoyed the famous Hallelujah Chorus, but it was really impressive to here the major excerps from it all together (The entire thing would be four hours do so most of the time only select movements are performed).

I really was touched by the music. It was the kind of thing that reached down into my soul and made me feel like I wanted to cry. I am not sure how or why music does that, but it did. It was a really refreshing time and reminded me of some of the best worship services I have been to. Well, the music definitely was a cathedral of sound which amazingly was written in 24 days. Not only was it praising God when it was written, but somehow it has withstood the test of time and is still causing people to sing praise to God today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!