Saturday, December 04, 2004

I'll Be Home for Christmas...

I'll Be Home for Christmas...

...if only in my dreams. Well, we won't actually be home in Lancaster this year for Christmas but I want to take some time and day-dream about the things that I enjoy the most about being in Lancaster for Christmas.

-I enjoy hardly being able to wait until Christmas day to give Lori her gift.
-I enjoy having so many family things that Christmas is normally the only time of year that I need a day planner.
-I enjoy eating so many Christmas meals together with family.
-I enjoy traveling through central and southern Ohio to visit my and Lori's grand-parents in Lancaster, Amanda, and Macarthur.
-I enjoy how festive First Pres looks with all of the greenery and decorations.
-I enjoy Pop pop's eggnog (even though the nog is often so strong that you can't taste the egg).
-I enjoy the variety of Christmas potpourris and scented candles that make Christmas smell good.
-I enjoy Christmas carroling with the youth group at local nursing homes.
-I enjoy the Christmas concert that the church puts on.
-I enjoy watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Christmas Story" again.
-I enjoy the light of the advent candles and the late night Christmas Eve/Christmas celebration.
-I enjoy going around the circle watching each family member eager to give their gift, and then watching everyone open their gift.
-I enjoy oranges (I always eat one on Christmas)
-I enjoy it when it snows (I don't enjoy sliding off the road in the car, like we did last year)
-I enjoy the children's' plays that call us again to remember why we celebrate Christmas.
-I enjoy hearing Christmas music in every store and restaurant for a month solid.
-I enjoy sitting in the dark and watching the lights of the Christmas tree.
-I enjoy decorating the tree.
-I enjoy the smell of pine in the house.
-I enjoy watching the little kids squeal with glee and wide eyed gasps with each present that they open.
-I enjoy searching the stores and the mall for the perfect gift (even though my general policy is go in, buy it, get out).
-I enjoy McDonald's eggnog milkshake.
-I enjoy the smell of all of the new cotton and synthetic fabrics that fill the house as everyone dons their new Christmas outfits.
-I enjoy sucking on a candy-cane until it makes a sharp point.
-I enjoy eating chocolate covered cherries even though I don't really like them that much.
-I enjoy making (OK I really only enjoy icing them after they are made) Christmas cookies.
-I enjoy seeing all of the new gadgets and video games.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!