Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Is it all meaningless?

Is it all meaningless?

No, but sometimes it feels like it. I feel like I am toiling through the dry desert all the while seeking the beautiful city by the sea. I know that I must travail through this place to arrive at my destination, but I am getting worn out by the journey. I feel like everything that I am doing is working towards that goal, but none or very little of my time is seeing it realized. The desert looks the same now as it did yesterday and the day before even though I am one step closer to the end.

I am praying for strength and fortitude to continue on my way. I am praying for help to come and make the journey easier and lighten the burden. I am praying that I will begin to feel the ocean breezes on my face and that I will begin to encounter the oasis more frequently. I pray that I will see the beauty in the desert and enjoy the stillness of loneliness. I pray that I will remember the words of my Father who loves me and not listen to the howls of jackals and wild beasts that seek my destruction.

Father, please fill me with life and hope. Give me daily dreams and visions of that beautiful city that I might not perish in the desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life is Ministry

Fight Spam! Click Here!